Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Radiant Caitie

I was going to say something like Charismatic Caitlin for the title of this blog, but even the term "charisma" doesn't do this adorable daughter justice! When I think about Caitlin I think, full of life, full of joy, full of peace, compassion, understanding, full of wisdom. And that is only the beginning...

When Caitlin was born on April 13, 1987, she was a precious gift. We were kind of stunned to have another girl after five boys. It was great! She and Emilie have been the perfect friends and companions for each other during their growing up years. I suspect they will continue to have a strong relationship with each other forever, just as I have with my sisters.

When Caitlin was a little girl, she would sing the most soothing, lovely songs to me. She has a knack for making me feel at peace. As she grew up, she gained an intense interest in healing, probably largely from her dad! She has a gift for helping others to heal. She also knows her anatomy and physiology! Somehow, in a way I can't quite articulate, she is just healing to be around.
A few years ago, I worked for America West, and Caitlin, Emilie and I went to New York City. We got to see Wicked and had a wonderful time. Then last year we went to Hawaii together. You can see the joy and beauty shining out of the girls' eyes. And I think every picture I have of Caitlin shows that same joy and radiance. She just shines!

On the dance floor, there's no one with more enthusiasm. She has an energy that is tangible, and she enlivens any group she's in. She has an infectious laugh that can at times be downright silly! I remember many times when we would quote to her the phrase that Peter Sellers used to give his Asian servant in the old Pink Panther movies: "Caito! Now is not the time!"

Caitie has grown into a gorgeous and amazingly talented woman. A few weeks ago, she choreographed a routine for eight people and danced in a performance with the BYU Women's Chorus. At the last minute one of the dancers dropped out, and she recruited and taught another dancer the routine in few hours. That night the team performed and received a standing ovation. Talk about amazing! This girl rocks! Twenty-one years old. You are a blessing beyond description in my life, Caitlin Beth Gardner! I am so grateful for you and I love you. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Brit said...

yeah for Caitie!

Emilie Gardner said...

Caito!!!!! NOW is the time!!!! I love you babe!! :)

Heather said...

Ahhh....that was so nice! Unlike my post, this is all truth baby! You forgot to add that she is a fantabulous auntie too!

Happy Birthday Caitie!