Saturday, December 12, 2009

Breakfast, LAUNCH, and Dinner

Whew. One thing I have been learning, as I've made the adjustment from writing daily in my journal to posting more often on the website, is that my daily life doesn't typically provide fodder for a daily posting. There's a lot going on, of course, but it's just kind of challenging to take the time to think of a topic and write something worthwhile. For those who do, I salute you.

But today, I can tell you about what has been consuming our lives for the past week: our launch of Stan's new supplement line, Primivia Nutritional Supplements. As of this entry we have 108 orders for our FREE--note that--FREE bottle of supplements.

The concept of giving supplements away free is Josh's brainchild. He couldn't sleep, he was so excited about the idea. We discussed the pros and cons at length together as a family at Thanksgiving. The consensus was that when people get on the products, they will want to stay on them because they'll feel so much better. So, to get people on them, we had to create an offer so compelling they couldn't refuse.

This "compelling offer" has taken most of our waking thoughts and energies. Poor Dave did not sleep at all the night before the launch went live. We were testing links and checking prices and writing sales letters right up until the final moment. I actually did something funny--I sent everyone on our list a live link to the site, so we had about 10 people jump our launch beginning time by a few hours! The whole thing wore us out and rejuvenated us at the same time.

I have to confess that it is really exciting to see line after line on my account read "a new order was placed for Stan Gardner MD," and get new traffic to our site (way more than ever before), and I think this is a good start for an ongoing program that will help a lot of people. Heather even put a link on her blog! Pretty awesome to have a family that supports our crazy business ideas . . . or comes up with them in the first place!