Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Our Jeff!

Yesterday was a special day for a very choice man--our favorite son-in-law, Jeffrey Holland Wright. Happy 25th Birthday, Jeff!

I met Jeff last year when he was Caitie's "best friend."--there wasn't any real romance, so to speak (at least, not from her perspective). She told me she thought he was incredibly handsome and super nice. But I'm glad the friendship part of their relationship is what developed first. Caitie had time to watch how Jeff handled problems, how he served, how he genuinely cared about people, and how trustworthy he is.

Then, over time, she realized she was in love with this guy. I'm so grateful for Jeff. A few weeks ago, Caitlin told me that every morning she wakes up and can't believe how blessed she is to be married to Jeff.

So they've only been married a little over 3 months, but I'd like to share some of the things I love about Jeff:

1. He is focused on serving.
2. He ADORES Caitlin--and he shows it.
3. He is willing to move out of his comfort zone to provide for her.
4. He is a willing and helpful worker.
5. He is full of kindness.
6. He is even tempered.
7. He is very bright, but
8. He is modest about it.
9. He is loyal and honest.
and 10. He fits perfectly in our family. (I love that he loves to sing!)

So, for now and for all eternity, I'm grateful that Jeff is part of our family. And--sorry, I can't resist it, even though I know it's so old--I'm glad Caitie married the Wright guy!

No comments: